Our family likes pierogi. Unfortunately making it from scratch is a pretty insane and time consuming project. I decided to simplify the process by using large shells instead of making the shell dough from scratch. It isn’t quite authentic, but it is awesome and still so tasty. Not to mention much faster!
Pierogi can be stuffed with almost anything, most commonly meat or potatoes. We like the potato and onion version, so that is what I did.
Did I mention this is a four ingredient recipe? You’re welcome :)
Pierogi Stuffed ShellsIngredients:
24 large shells, cooked to aldente according to package instructions
2-3 cups leftover mashed potatoes (can make fresh if you don’t have any… 1 large onion – diced and sauteed in butter until caramelized
3 cups shredded cheddar or colby jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Warm up mashed potatoes and make sure they are seasoned well. I like to add a little more butter, garlic powder and cream cheese…just remember how ever they taste at this point is how they will taste in the shells. You want them to be yummy!
- Combine caramelized onion and potatoes.
- Put 2-3 tablespoons in each shell and line them up in a lightly greased 9×13 baking dish.
- Sprinkle Cheese evenly over stuffed shells.
- Bake uncovered until cheese is bubbling and shells are heated through, approximately 20-30 minutes.